Sunday, 21 October 2012

Needles, rainbows and pumpkins - Week 10

I'm what they call a "football widow."
That is to say that I very rarely see my husband and when he is here, he's got plays and special teams and whatnot flying around in his head so he's partially not here anyways!  The good thing is, I am learning a lot about the game and now that there is no hockey this season, I can be entertained watching football I suppose.  At this moment we have a back rub riding on the outcome of the Jets/Patriots game. I want the Jets to "cover the point spread."  Yes, I know what that means!!!  Go Jets!

Yep, there was a lot of football watching this week - I took Lennan to Brian's team's Friday Night Lights.  They won!  I'll post pics once I can get them...I was too busy keeping us both warm to take photos.  Doh!  But here are a couple of photos of last week's coaching experience:
 Can you see him in here?  Where's Bri?
The thing that makes this ok with me is that Brian has always wanted to be a high school football coach so now he is living his dream and that is awesome!  Doesn't hurt that his record is 13 and 0 counting the past two seasons.  Forgive my bragging...anyway, back to Lennan:

She's always ready for her closeup!

10 weeks old and such a big girl now!

She had her 2 month shots this week which consisted of a needle in each leg so she had little baby band-aids on the sites:
She was a good girl and only cried a little!  This was after she got dressed again:


We had a visit from G-ma and G-pa St.Clair this week and we went to St.Jacobs and had a great time:
Lunch at the Stone Crock

This store has a train running through it...cool!

Leni wasn't too impressed with lunch...

We "Bjorned" it.  I made up another new word.  See that?
Later on in the week there was some unsettled weather that sorted itself out into a beautiful rainbow!  I was on a walk at the time with Heather.  Yay for walking buddies!!!  And rainbows!

On Friday afternoon, Lennan fell asleep on her flower button.  Ooops:

This one looks good!
That brings us to Sunday and Lennan's first trip to the Pumpkin Patch (actually mommy and daddy's first time too!!!!).  We accidentally stole someone's cart and ripped the top off their pumpkin in an attempt to capture a moment but other than that us Pumpkin newbies figured out what to do and got a beautiful specimen.  Can't wait for the carving to begin!  Here are the photos from today:
Rockin' the grey sweatpants!!!!!
A pumpkin "Gallery"?

Pumpkin findin' family


Pumpkin hijinx I
Quiz: What country's flag is this?


Pumpkin hijinx II
It was a fun day!

Leni wore her special booties made for her by Janice to keep her feet warm.  Aren't they beautiful?



Then we chilled at home and daddy tried to get Lennan to say a few things for the camera.  Watch his attempt here:


Bath time is always fun:




Thanks for reading!  Catch you on the flip side!



No comments:

Post a Comment