Sunday, 28 October 2012

Certificates, Lobsters and yes...Football!


I should NOT have bought my Halloween candy so early.  Actually let me rephrase that:  it was a good idea to 'be prepared' I guess, but I should have superglued the box shut and left it in the garage till Wednesday.  Now I seem to be eating chocolate as I write this post.  Ah well, what can you do!???!


Our week started with Mother Goose class on Monday.  I finally took some photos to share what the experience is like!  It's at a retirement home so the old people get to hang with the babies which I think is so cool:
 Leni was the youngest in the class this session, but a new session is starting tomorrow with all new people and I bet we'll be veterans now!!!
 You bring the babies around to introduce them after the singing.
This lady knows a dirty version of "Oh Dear, What can the Matter Be" and sings it to us every week!
I can share it because I have heard it on many occasions.  Try it!

"Oh dear, what can the matter be,
two old ladies got locked in the lavatory,
they were there from Thursday to Saturday,
Nobody knew they were there!"

SCANDALOUS!!!

And because she performed so well, Lennan and I got our first certificate!!!!!!  She was SO excited:


And now more pictures of the baby:
One of my favourite outfits...little weird looking bunnies.

Baby cocoon!  I just had to look up how to spell cocoon.  Sorry Mrs. Royea!

Leni hangs out in the big bed while mommy gets dressed.  She looks so tiny it's hilarious to me.

She found her thumb a while ago and sucking on it helps her fall asleep.  Sweet!!!!!!

The obligatory baby sleeping closeup!
This picture is for Adam and Marilize!  The doggies protecting the sleeping baby.  But in actuality the crib is near their dog bowls so they are just waiting to be fed.  Whatevs.

Now that Leni is such a big girl, I can carry her around in the Bjorn facing outwards!!!!!!!!  She loves looking out at the world.

In fact, that is how she went to see Daddy's football game on Friday.  It was not raining but was kinda windy so I used the umbrella as a wind shield.  I took some self portraits:

Checking out the action
We fell asleep partway through






















Then we woke up and had a fuss...uh oh!!!

And now for random strangeness:

Leni makes the weirdest face when she wakes up from a nap:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The dogs are taking over.....look at the liberties Leo is taking with Bri's head....they actually slept like that for a while!



I got fitted for new musician's earplugs this week as well, involving this man squeezing a soft substance into my ear. Observe my colleague Lisa getting fitted.  Now I'm ready for the "4-month sleep regression!"

I made some pumpkin fudge after I put Lennan to sleep but she started crying and I went to comfort her.  Mistake!  It got burned.  (ummm....we ate it anyway and it tasted awesome)

Now the second most exciting thing that happened this week was my surprise for daddy.  Leni's ready for tomorrow night's game:

Go 49-ers!!!!!!

What's the most exciting thing?  You'll have to read to the end to find out!

We went to a kids' Halloween party at Dan and Jenn's place on Saturday and I used all my sewing skills and made Leni's costume for the shindig.  She was a lobster:

This is me putting the finishing touches on:

Nana helped put on her claws:


Then we put her in a roasting pan:


Then we seasoned her up a little bit:

Then we cooked her in the oven!!!!


She responded to all this craziness by doing what she does....sleeping:

Little Sarah wondered if they would ever be able to play or if she was just gonna chill in the roasting pan all night.
She chilled in the roasting pan all night.
Then Leni had some Nana time this afternoon.  Leni loves Nana time:



And what was the MOST EXCITING THING THIS WEEK????????????


SHE LAUGHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it was the best sound I've ever heard.

But whenever I get the video camera ready, she clams up.

So I secretly taped her talking to herself on her playmat this afternoon.  

Click here to hear Lennan Elizabeth English's first recording.  It's a rap called "I pooped:"


No comments:

Post a Comment