Sunday, 23 September 2012

Still growing...6 weeks!!

So much newness...

Yet more sleeping was achieved this week...lots of growing to do!!!!!!

This is a photo-heavy post so the commentary will be brief.  Plus I'm sleepy!  I think that may be a fact of life for the next few years...so check out this week's adventures!

I braved the Bjorn (baby backpack - or 'frontpack' I should say) for the first time with the dogs all together for a walk.  I was constantly stopping to check if she was breathing...she was pressed up against me so tightly!  She fell asleep almost immediately so she missed the whole thing.  This is not a new story:
  None of the photography on this blog is stellar...but stay with me!

The week continued with more walks in some rainy weather, so I wrapped up the child in the specially created baby saran wrap and we braved the elements.  Not a drop of water touched the precious one!!!  Don't worry, there were air holes.
She was stylish with her tie-dyed hat.

This is the first attempt to attach a video so wish me luck.  Here is the dog being silly:
I wonder if that worked.  If not, I'll try again when I am less sleepy.

This week I also went out for brunch!  Yes, brunch!!!!!!  We are so jet-setty.  Marsha was there too and took this shot.  We had spinach omelettes.  Lennan slept.

We had a MOST exciting adventure this weekend - Leni had her first trip to Huntsville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma was very pleased to see her.
So was Grandpa!

Leo wondered if he would ever be the centre of attention again.  The answer is no.  Sorry, buddy!

Lennan got to meet some very important friends and family members while she was in Huntsville:
Sandy!
 Great Auntie Heather and Great Uncle Terri!
 So pretty.
 Leslie and Jack!
Cathy!

Dianne and Bryon were there too but somehow avoided being shot!!!

AND Lennan was awake for the visiting.  That was rare!
 She's getting more and more 'with it'

Yep, it was a really lovely weekend with lots of adventures.

We had a family walk:

Chilled on the dock...the colours are starting to show and it was beautiful!


Leni helped with some woodworking...

And did some gardening with the grandparents.  Haha, if you look closely all you can see of her is her little hands: "I hate gardening!  Keep that plant away from me!"

We went on her first Muskoka art Studio Tour and looked at the Muskoka art.

We watched Daddy play with the fur-siblings:

And of COURSE had lots of cuddles with Grandma:

Yep, her hair still sticks STRAIGHT up.

And we were all smiles as we got packed up to come home:

And we even made it back home in time to catch some Sunday night Football as a family:


All in all it was another week full of first visits and growing growing growing!  Keep it up little girl!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful week Ali! isn't Brian just SO photogenic ;) last pic especially.
    Your parents look amazing and so happy. I loved seeing the pics of your house too, so many memories there. Leni sure sleeps a lot, why are you so tired? KIDDING
    xoEm

    ReplyDelete