Wednesday, 21 August 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Dear Lennan;
I can’t believe how much you have learned and grown in just one year.  It is crazy to think that only one year ago we welcomed you and your scrunchy little “caveman” nose and half-head of hair.  We thought you were the most beautiful baby ever to be born in the history of Earth:
August 12, 2012.
And we still do, little Squish-Nose!
August 12, 2013.
From the beginning you have been a smart and happy little person.  After a short period of wakeful nights in August, you figured things out and have been a great sleeper ever since.  We owe you one for that, big time!!!  Our favourite times as of now are when you wake up in the morning and we bring you into bed with us.  You climb all over us, laughing, and then hold on to the headboard and jump and squeal!  You aren’t quite ready to let go yet.  It's ok...neither am I!





It has been fun taking a million pictures of you and our adventures together and sharing them with our friends and your grandparents and aunts and uncles.  



You make me proud every day…I can’t stop talking about how awesome you are and how wonderful your little smile is.  You are sleeping now, but I’m excited to see how you will blow my mind tomorrow!  

You make me sing without even realizing I’m doing it.


And now you are a year old!



It would be so easy to say I wish you could always be my little baby, and I could just pick you up and cuddle you and feed you cheerios one by one and catch your blown kisses forever – 


In this picture Lennan looks so much like pictures I've seen of her daddy at about this age.
- but I know that as you grow, the better and better you are going to make the world around you, and the happier and prouder you are going to make Daddy and I.
Happy Birthday, Lennan!
We can't wait!



Love, 

Mommy













No comments:

Post a Comment